October 07, 2017
- 2 cups, fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (NOT the powder in the can, trust us!)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 box, pasta of your choice
What You’ll Need
- 1 large cooking pot
- 1 bowl
- Food processor
- Boil up your pasta of your choice.
- Add the following into your food processor: Rinsed fresh basil, Two tablespoons of unsalted butter, ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, Two garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon of salt, 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Process your ingredients together (scrape the inner sides of the food processor as needed), your pesto will blend into a thick, yummy sauce.
- Drain your pasta, but don’t rinse.
- Toss pesto over hot pasta and mix well –or- freeze the pesto separately if you aren’t quite ready to devour it.
- Enjoy now or later! You can freeze pesto and let it thaw in the fridge overnight for a quick and tasty dinner. Now that’s something to smile about!