Crockpot Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
November 03, 2017
Servings: 6 – 8 bowls
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne, more if you like it spicy
- Pinch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light canned coconut milk, plus more to serve
What You’ll Need:
- A large crockpot
- Food processor or immersion blender
- Soup bowls and spoons for serving
- Add your vegetable broth, garlic, carrot, apple, butternut squash, sage, onion, salt, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and nutmeg all into the slow cooker and toss it all up to combine.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or for 3-4 hours on high, or until the squash is completely tender and mashes easily with a fork.
- Stir in your coconut milk.
- Use an immersion blender to puree until your soup is silky smooth, or, pour into a food processor or blender – careful, it’s hot!
- Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and cayenne if needed.
- Swirl a little extra coconut milk into each bowl to serve.
Your smile-worthy soup is ready to enjoy. Go coconuts!