Potato Leek Soup
August 30, 2017
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 4 leeks (white/light green parts only), thoroughly washed and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese and/or bacon bits to top it off
What You’ll Need
- 1 large cooking pot
- Food processor or immersion blender
- Soup bowls and spoons for serving
- Place your broth, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring it all to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, (until potatoes are soft).
- Your bay leaf’s work is done here – let’s remove it.
- Next, blend the mixture until it’s silky smooth in your pot with an immersion blender or in batches in your food processor or blender.
- Pour on your cream and simmer your soup until it’s thickened for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and top it off with your choice of shredded cheddar and/or bacon bits.
Your hot and delicious bowl of potato goodness is guaranteed to be smile-worthy!