Banana Oat Chia Pancakes
April 12, 2017
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (plus extra for cooking)
- 1/4 cup milk (almond, soy, or dairy)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
What You’ll Need:
- Large bowl
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- Cooking spray
Preparation (with food processor):
- Use your food processor to grind the oats into fine flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well-blended.
- Heat up a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once warm, add coconut oil and swirl around until melted with your pan bottom fully coated!
- Drop your batter in 1/8 cup portions.
- Cook ‘em up for 3-4 minutes or until slightly set/bubbly.
- Flip and finish cooking for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer to your plate and top it off with sliced banana and your choice of honey, syrup, or even Nutella.
No processor? No problem.
- Crack open those eggs and whisk them up in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash your freshly peeled banana in with the egg.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, chia seeds and oats and stir to combine well.
- Set aside and take five while you prepare your toppings.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once warm, add the coconut oil and swirl around till melted and the bottom of the pan is completely coated.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop mix into your cooking pan, leaving space between pancakes so you can turn them easily. Cooking just 3 at a time!
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip those babies over and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side or until cooked through
- Transfer to your plate and top it off with sliced banana and your choice of honey or syrup, or maybe some Nutella!