COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL CONSULTATION
Your Virtual Consultation
Welcome to your virtual consultation at Collins Orthodontics. Here are the steps to get started.
How it works:
Step 1: Take Photos
Take 5 pictures of your smile from the angles below
Need help taking photos?
Step 2: Email Photos
Second, send the photos to email@example.com. Please include the patient's full name and date of birth in your message to our office. Once your pictures are uploaded to our system, you'll receive a special invitation to join one of our specialists for a virtual consultation by phone or video.
VERY IMPORTANT: When we send you an email, or you send us an email, the information sent is not encrypted. That means a third party may be able to access the information and read it since it is transmitted over the internet. And, when you receive an email, someone may be able to access your email account and read it.
- HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- HIPAA was passed by the U.S. government in 1996 in order to establish privacy and security protections for health information
- Information stored on our computers is encrypted.
- Most popular email services (ex: Hotmail®, Gmail®, Yahoo®) do not utilize encrypted email.
- Email is a very popular and convenient way to communicate for a lot of people, so in their latest modification to the HIPAA act, the federal government provided guidance on email and HIPAA.
- The guidelines state that if a patient has been made aware of the risks of unencrypted email, and that same patient provides consent to receive health information via email, then a health entity may send the patient personal medical information via unencrypted email.
- Read more HIPAA information